Wednesday, May 30, 2007

WLAN

Yesterday I was testing the WLAN connectivity of N95. I used N95 to connect to my home WLAN network. I'm using Linksys WRT54G as a wireless router. At first I had some troubles connecting until I remembered that I was using MAC address filtering. I turned MAC address filtering off and that solved the problem. Setting up the WLAN in N95 was very straight forward. It took only a couple of minutes to set up.
By default, I have the WLAN turned off to save battery. It's very easy to manually start searching for available networks when needed.
Fring is a piece of free software I'm definitely going to try in the near future. Fring is a software to make VOIP calls and talk with Skype, MSN Messenger, Google Talk users at no extra cost. I wish a Symbian S60 version of Skype would become available soon. Meanwhile, I'm going to give Fring a try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I just got this router (WRT54G) but I can't get my N95 to connect to it. Added the correct settings into the Advanced options for my access point (IP, Gateway etc) and still not working. I wonder whether this is a firmware issue with the router? Are you able to help?

Anonymous said...

i Would like to know if i have to pay any taxes when i use internet from the wlan connectino