Tuesday, June 12, 2007

4 GB microSDHC card

SanDisk has released a 4 GB microSDHC card that is supposed to be compatible with N95. This is really great news for all N95 owners! I thought N95 supported only microSD cards, not microSDHC cards but now many people are reporting that the 4 GB SanDisk microSDHC card works perfectly with N95. This sounds like a must have for N95.
Currently I have a 1 GB microSD card in my N95 and it's just not big enough. Maps take up a lot of memory, just like images and video clips. I'd like to download more maps but my current microSD card is already almost full. The new 4 GB card would allow me to download all the maps I'm going to need and still leave enough space for images, videos and music. I'm definitely going to buy one of these 4 GB cards.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Hi,

do you know if this has been confirmed that 4GB cards are compatible with N95?

I've not got my N95 yet. My current phone is the samsung i300 that has 4 GB internal memory. I was hoping that I wouldnt have to resoirt to limiting my files on a 2GB card, but a 4GB card would be perfect. (Also would be good for Nokia with the iphone rivalry now)

MarkC said...

I haven't got hold of one of these new 4 GB cards yet. The availability is still somewhat limited. However, Sandisk lists N95 as a compatible device and I've read reports from other N95 users that the 4GB cards do work well in N95. Some have even said it works faster than the smaller 1 or 2 GB cards they were using earlier.